RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations
US Federal Laws
U. S. Federal Laws
USDVA – Disability & Reasonable Accommodation
NOAA – North American Datum of 1983
FGDC – Geometric Geodetic Accuracy Standards and Specifications for Using GPS Relative Positioning Techniques
FGDC – Endorsed Standards
FGDC – Cadastral Data Standards and Guidelines
CISA of 2015 – Division N – Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015
FISMA 2002 – Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002
FISA 2008 – Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of 1978 Amendments Act of 2008
SCA 2006 – Stored Communications Act of 2006
OMB – 1998 Federal Participation in the Development and Use of Voluntary Consensus Standards and in Conformity Assessment Activities
USERRA 1994 – Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994
Organic Act of Guam of 1950
ADA 1990 – Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (As Amended)
ADA State and Local Governments Title II
ADA Public Accommodations Title III
ADA Standards for Accessible Design
ADA Title III Civil Penalties Inflation Adjustment
ATA 1998 – Assistive Technology Act of 1998
Q: Office of the Director
A: 1. To maintain and effectively manage the destiny of all public lands considering the social and economic factors.
2. To ensure an effective management regulation and control the developments determined to be of public interest for its continued social economic welfare.
3. To operate with positive and dynamic philosophy of management vital to the effective and efficient operation of the Department.
4. Maintains several authorities: Executive Secretary (21 GCA, Chapter 60), Administrator, Territorial Seashore Protection Commission (21 GCA, Chapter 63); Recorder (21 GCA, Chapter 60); Cadastre (21 GCA, Chapter 60); Territorial Surveyor (21 GCA, Chapter 60).
5. To automate and secure geographic and land information system within the Department.
6. To maintain copies of documents from the U.S. Naval Government RE: Government land usage.
Q: Division of Land Records
A: 1. To initiate Land Registration on Government Land pursuant to the Land Registration Act section 1157, Civil Code of Guam.
2. To receive and record documents after ensuring that all legal requirements are compiled pursuant to section 13100, Government Code of Guam and section 1157, Civil Code of Guam.
3. To process all Certificate of Title request such as the Issuance Request, Owner’s Certified in Place of Lost One, Up-date and Certify of Title and Bail Bond Request for use as Evidence in Court.
4. Administer services to the General Public Private Research Companies, Real Estate Companies, etc., and other Government Agencies on the research of ownership, location of boundaries and certification of ownership pertaining to real property.
Q: Division of Land Survey
A: 1. Ensuring registration and survey of unregistered or non-certified Government Land.
2. Establishing control station, Guam Geodetic Triangulation Network (GGTN) and the cadastral mappings of private and public parcels of land.
3. Surveying of public land as requested by the Administration and Court Orders. Establishing of triangulation net (both horizontal and vertical controls) throughout the island and meeting the specifications set forth by the National Geodetic Survey. Maintaining a baseline testing and calibration of survey measurement devices used by all Guam Surveyors. Maintaining a base cadastral map of all approved government and private maps. Responsible for the administration of the Land Survey Revolving Fund; and
4. Maintaining files of all approved and maps for both the government and private sector.
Q: Division of Planning
1. Use Commission, Territorial Seashore Protection Commission, Guam Natural Resource Board and the Development Review Committee entrusted with the regulatory responsibility administering the legislative and executive intent of
- 21 GCA, Chapter 60 (Land Management Planning);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 60 (Land Management – Street Naming Plan);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 60 (Land Management Natural Resource Utilization);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 61 (Zoning Law); 21 GCA, Chapter 62 (Subdivision Law);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 63 (Guam Territorial Seashore Protection Act of 1974);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 45 (Horizontal Property Act);
- 21 GCA, Chapter 47 (Time Share Ownership Act);
- Executive Order 78 – 20 (Flood Hazard Area of Particular Concern);
- Executive Order 96 – 26 (Application Review Committee);
- Executive Order 90 – 13 (Protection of Wetlands);
- P.L. 12 – 126, 20 – 151, and Executive Order 89 – 09 (Historical Preservation);
- P.L. 21-82:4 as amended by P.L.21-144:8 (Summary Zone Change Program);
- P.L. 25-131, (Split Zone Chang Program);
- P.L. 21-14 Section 11 (LUPRA)
2. To support and provide for the channeling past, present and future developments into meaningful and integrated direction for the protection and enhancement of the quality of life on Guam.
Q: Division of Public Land Administration
A: 1. To promote and sustain through effective Public Land Management and Administration Techniques the development of productivity of Public Lands.
2. To uniformly dispose the returned surplus Public Lands and to acquire at a fair price by negotiated purchase Private Land for public purposes.
3. To provide staff services program and enforcement; Administer Constructive Land Use Program, Land Acquisition Proposals; and Administered Land Disposition Program.
Q: Division of GIS/LIS
A: 1. Passage of Public Law 20-221 in 1990 served as the catalyst for DLM ‘ s GIS / LIS program as it provided funds to initiate the automation of DLM ‘ s land records. In 1991, Public Law 21-42, created the GIS / LIS Division within DLM. Moreover, it provided the means to obtain additional hardware and software requirements in order to facilitate the automation of DLM’s mandated tasks. These laws were bought about the Legislature out of the concern for DLM to gain confidence of the taxpayers in protecting all of Guam’s land assets. DLM intends to fulfill this trust partly through office automation.
2. The GIS/LIS program is aimed at capturing all data elements (maps and land records) for the entire island of Guam. GIS/LIS is required to provide automation with various divisions within DLM.
3. The GIS/LIS division has several computers of which must be maintained and served as needed. Moreover, personnel are required to conduct technical assistance and maintenance for the GIS / LIS division’s mandates. The current software used will require continual updates as new technology is developed.
Guam Office of Public Auditors - Memorandums
Governor's Executive Orders
Governor’s Executive Orders
E.O. 2015-10 – Disaster Debris Management Task Force.
E.O. 2015-09 – Social Media Policy.
Emergency Declaration 2015-02 – Typhoon Dolphin (07W)
E.O. 2006-07 – National Incident Management System
E.O. 2006-02 Land Use Master Plan for Dos Amantes
E.O. 2004-04 Watershed Planning Committee
E.O. 2002-22 Reducing the Number of Meetings of the Application Review Committee, Guam Land Use Commission, Guam Seashore Protection Commission, and Guam Natural Resources Board
E.O. 2002-19 Ancestral Land Use and Administration
E.O. 2001-17 Land Use Task Force to Assist the Guam Planning Council
E.O. 97-08 Governor’s Ancestral Lands Commission, Ancestral Land Claims Office, Ancestral Land Claims Facilitation Office
E.O. 96-26 Application Review Committee to Replace the Development Review Committee
E.O. 96-24 Department of Administration’s Personnel Rules and Regulations
E.O. 96-19 Local Redevelopment Authority and Reuse Planning Committee
E.O. 91-12 Implementation of a Residential Land Use Permit Program
E.O. 90-19 Reserving Certain Government-owned Land for Land Use Permit Purposes
E.O. 90-10 Requirements for Environmental Impact Assessments
E.O. 87-19 Leasing of Government-owned Land for Commercial Purposes
E.O. 85-16 Land Use Policy Committee
E.O. 85-6 Leasing of Government-owned Land for Commercial Purposes
E.O. 85-2 Navy Land Transfer to the Government of Guam
E.O. 80-12 Training and Development Guidelines and Policy Administration Handbook
E.O. 79-23 Economic and Land Use for Cabras Island and Surrounding Areas
E.O. 79-20 Rules and Regulations of Agriculture Land Leases
E.O. 78-37 Guam Land Use Policies
E.O. 78-21 Protection of Wetlands
E.O. 75-24 Temporary Transfer of Functions to Territorial Planning Commission
E.O. 74-21 Central Planning Council and Central Planning Administration
E.O. 70-21 Territorial Planning Commission
E.O. 69-5 Department of Land Management to Administer Training & Fellowship programs
E.O. 68-28 Transfer of Parks and Grounds to Department of Commerce
E.O. 66-17 Transfer of Parks and Grounds to the Department of Land Management
E.O. 66-15 Regulations Governing Land Surveys in Guam
E.O. 16-60 Abolition of Parks Section, Division of Planning, Department of Land Management
E.O. 15-60 Transfer of Guam Museum from Department of Land Managegement
E.O. 6-60 Transfer of Functions of the Director of Public Works
E.O. 5-59 Organization and Functions of the Department of Land Management
E.O. 2-53 Locations and Boundaries of Villages
E.O. 7-49 Availability of Government Lands for Agricultural Purposes
E.O. 4-48 Government Lands for Agricultural Purposes
Guam Public Laws
Guam Public Laws
Department of Land Management
Office of the Director
P.L. 32-037 (Bill No. 26-32 COR) – Guam Public Notice Website
P.L. 32-010 (Bill No. 4-32 LS) – Establishing the Office of Technology
P.L. 31-228 (Bill No. 438-31 LS) – Posting Invitations for Bid (IFBs) and Requests or Proposals (RFPs) Online
P.L. 31-223 (Bill No. 250-31 COR) – Electronic Data Protection Act of 2012
P.L. 31-01 (Bill No. 40-31 COR) – Suspension of Annuity Payment from the Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
P.L. 30-222 (Bill No. 380-30 LS) – Posting Forms and Applications of Government of Guam Agencies on the internet
P.L. 30-196 (Bill No. 439-30 COR) – Appropriation for Bank Fees and the Dept. of Administration
P.L. 30-171 (Bill No. 379-30 LS) – Creating better public service for the Man’ åmko and individuals with mobility disabilities
P.L. 30-127 (Bill No. 263-30 COR) – The Association of Government Accountants’ “Citizen-Centric Report” Initiative
P.L. 30-119 (Bill No. 249-30 COR) – Use of Government Funds for Disseminating Public Information
P.L. 30-63 (Bill No. 101-30 COR) – Prohibiting smoking within twenty (20) feet of an entrance or exit of a public place where smoking is prohibited
P.L. 29-113 (Bill No. 207 LS) – Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2009Sep30
P.L. 29-83 (Bill No. 255 EC) – Recording Tax on Secured Transactions
P.L. 29-65 (Bill No. 222 LS) – Recording Tax on Secured Transactions
P.L. 29-19 (Bill No. 174 EC) – Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2008Sep30
P.L. 29-02 (Bill No. 74 EC) – Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2007Sep30
P.L. 28-150 (Bill No. 359 LS) – Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2007Sep30
P.L. 28-95 (Bill No. 135 EC) – Social Security Number Confidentiality Act
P.L. 28-80 (Bill No. 16 EC) – Natasha Protection Act of 2005
P.L. 28-68 (Bill No. 114 EC) – Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2006Sep30
P.L. 28-57 (Bill No. 97 EC) – The Transparency Act of 2005
P.L. 27-107 (Bill No. 376 LS) – General Appropriations Act of 2005
P.L. 27-106 (Bill No. 363 LS) Appropriations for the fiscal year ending 2005Sep30
P.L. 25-113 (Bill No. 220 COR) – Public Access to Automated External Defibrillators
P.L. 24-301 (Bill No. 551 COR) – The Dissemination of Public records and Information on Magnetic media and Via the Internet
P.L. 24-287 (Bill No. 730 COR) – Government of Guam Performance Review Program
P.L. 24-168 (Bill No. 470 COR) – Provide Assistance in the Recovery of the Devastating Effects from Typhoon Paka
P.L. 24-152 (Bill No. 522 COR) – Change he official name of the Municipality of Agana to its name in the Chamorro language, Hagatna
P.L. 24-141 (Bill No. 435 COR) – Authorize credits against Business Privilege Taxes for Contractors, Designers and Material Suppliers for Work Done on the Development of a Racing park for the Guam Racing Federation
P.L. 23-81 (Bill No. 354 LS) – Notaries Public
P.L. 21-08 (Bill No. 174 COR) – Chamorro Language Commission authority in the Naming of Streets, Places, Buildings,
P.L. 19-05 (Bill No. 476 LS) – Appropriations Adjustment (Copies of Government documents)
P.L. 17-70 – Land Survey Revolving Fund
P.L. 17-29 (Bill No. 160) – To Repeal and Reenact the Government Claims Act
P.L. 05-005 (Bill No. 20) – Authorization of the Territorial Planning Commission to undertake urban planning and to accept grants from the Federal Government
P.L. 03-110 – Area descriptions from which Commissioners and Assistant Commissioners are elected (Municipalities)
P.L. 02-76 – Provide for a Commissioner in Mangilao
Division of Land Records
Division of Land Survey
Division of Planning
P.L. 33-84 (Bill No. 134-33 COR) – Rezones Sinajana lot
P.L. 27-91 (Bill No. 183 COR) – Guidelines approving Minor Setback Variances, Exceptions for Nonconforming Buildings and Nonconforming Use of Land
P.L. 25-131 (Bill No. 367 COR) – Resolving Split-Zoned Situations
P.L. 25-20 (Bill No. 204 COR) – Postponing the implementation date of I’ Tano’-Ta Land Use Plan
P.L. 24-171 (Bill No.526 LS) – ‘I Tano’-Ta Land Use Plan
P.L. 21-144 (Bill No. 836 COR) – Rezone Lots, Fast Track Rezoning, Agricultural Subdivisions
P.L. 21-82 (Bill No. 621 COR) – Rezone Tracts 230/243/10413, Summary Procedure for Agricultural and Single Family Residential Rezoning
P.L. 21-14 (Bill No. 298 COR) – Zone Change of multiple lots
Division of Public Land Administration
P.L. 33-104 (Bill No. 196-33 LS) – Transfers unsatisfied Land for the Landless lots to CLTC.
P.L. 33-102 (Bill No. 163-33 LS) – Requires all new CLTC residential and agricultural lease payments be paid in full upon execution of the lease. Further, if CLTC property is surveyed by the Government of Guam, the lessee’s 7-year property tax exemption is waived.
P.L. 33-95 (Bill No. 175-33 COR) – Establishes CLTC Commercial Rules
P.L. 33-90 (Bill No. 164-33 LS) – Creates CLTC Survey Fund
P.L. 33-85 (Bill No. 137-33 COR) – Authorizes additional land transfer to George Toves
P.L. 33-81 (Bill No. 29-33 COR) – Authorizes settlement between Torres Estate and Goodwind Development. Relates to Guam Ancestral Lands Commission
P.L. 25-47 (Bill No. 192 COR) – Leasing of Government Land Reserved as a Cultural Center
P.L. 24-318 (Bill No. 551 COR) – Rules and Regulations for Chamorro Land Trust Commission, Agricultural Lot Sizes and Crop Production
P.L. 24-262 (Bill No. 384 COR) – Umatac Land for the Landless
P.L. 24-62 (Bill No. 257 COR) – Extending the Time Period Requirement for the Initial Use of Chamorro Land Trust Commission Residential Leased Properties
P.L. 23-85 (Bill No. 419 LS) – The Landless Program in the Villages of Agat and Yigo
P.L. 23-38 (Bill No. 317 LS) – Rules and Regulations for Chamorro Land Trust Commission
P.L. 22-18 (Bill No.483 COR) – Reserve Government Real Property for Future Use by the Three Branches of Government
P.L. 21-60 (Bill No. 243 COR) – Authorize the sale of Government of Guam land in Agat and Yigo
P.L. 14-138 (Bill No. ) – Land for the Landless Program
Division of GIS / LIS
P.L. 21-42 (Bill No. 487 COR), Part 9, Ch. 3, Section 27- GIS/LIS additional 13 positions
P.L. 21-42 (Bill No. 487 COR), Part 9, Ch. 3, Section 28(a) – Computer hardware/software
P.L. 20-221 (Bill No. 1577), Section 99 – Contractual employment, two permanent positions, implement a new automated and secure record keeping system
P.L. 20-221 (Bill No. 1577), Section 81 – Six classified auxiliary workers
DOA Circular 16-030 – Office of Technology – Computer Network Monitoring Advisory
AOG Circular AG 08-0164 – Open Government Law
GSA Circular 2013-001 – Memory Storage Devices
COS Circular 2004-01 – Personal Action Requests and Travel Authorizations
CSC Circular 96-397 – Revised Unified Pay Schedule
DOA Circular 05-22 – U.S. Dept. of Labor Fair Labor Standards Act
DLM MOU, MOA, Policies, Procedures, and Workflow
DLM MOU, MOA, Policies, Procedures, and Workflow
Office of the Director
Div. of Land Records
Div. of Land Survey
Div. of Planning
Div. of Public Land Administration
Div. of GIS/LIS